Spiritual Direction Training
The Soul Care Spiritual Direction Training is based upon a small group circle model.
With a maximum of 12 participants per two-year cycle, the training is grounded in relationship, interaction, eating together around a table, discussion and experience.
Rooted in a 2-year foundation of Anam Cara and Cloister, there is an understanding of inner work, shadow work, stillness, prayer and listening that this program is built upon.
The Spiritual Direction training is based upon the understanding that the deepest learning happens through relationship, modelling and experience.
Rooted in a Christian mystical tradition, this training is based upon the unconditional and merciful Love that the mystics experienced and expressed in their lives and writings.
It is the belief that we come from this Love and we are being re-membered into this Love.
Through Spiritual Direction, we are committed to creating a space where this Love is palpable and accessible to all.
We believe this Love is healing and transformative and invites us all to live our lives in freedom and fullness.
Next program commences October 2022
Completion of Anam Cara and Cloister OR something comparable with reference
Two years minimum of receiving Spiritual Direction
iii) Teachers – Local teachers and others from across Canada and abroad will form the instructive aspect of our learning.
iv) Curriculum – The Spiritual Direction Training Curriculum includes:
- The Art of Listening
- The Art of asking Questions
- Dreamwork and Spiritual Direction
- Creative Arts and Spiritual Direction
- Self-Care and a Life-style of Contemplation
- Trauma and Spiritual Direction
- Family Systems and Spiritual Direction
- Archetypes and Spiritual Direction
- Engaging in Story as a Pathway for Transformation in SD
- Enneagram and Spiritual Direction
- Ethics and Power Dynamics
- Journey out of Fundamentalism and SD
- History of SD / Learning of the Mystics