Spiritual Direction Training
The Soul Care Spiritual Direction Training is based upon a small group circle model.
With a maximum of 12 participants per two-year cycle, the training is grounded in relationship, interaction, discussion and experience.
Rooted in a 2-year foundation of Anam Cara and Cloister, there is an understanding of inner work, contemplative practices, shadow work, stillness, prayer and listening that this program is built upon.
The Spiritual Direction training is based upon the understanding that the deepest learning happens through relationship, modelling and experience.
Rooted in a Christian mystical tradition, this training is based upon the unconditional and merciful Love that the mystics experienced and expressed in their lives and writings.
It is the belief that we come from this Love and we are being re-membered into this Love.
Through Spiritual Direction, we are committed to creating a space where this Love is palpable and accessible to all.
We believe this Love is healing and transformative and invites us all to live our lives in freedom and fullness, mercy and compassion, justice and kindness.
Next program commences October 2022. The training will hold bi-monthly gatherings. One gathering per month will be focused on teaching and learning triads. The second gathering will be focused more on experience (such as dream-work), discussion, verbatims, Q & A and more. The schedule will include on-line classes and three-four in-person gatherings for each year (six -eight in-person gatherings in total). Participants will also have interaction with each other throughout the training with monthly pairs, having opportunity to work through the learning together.
- Completion of Anam Cara and Cloister OR something comparable with reference letters and completion of Anam Cara & Cloister 3 week intensive (Sept 2022).
- Two years minimum of receiving Spiritual Direction.
- Discernment process upon application.
ii) Teachers – Local teachers and others from across Canada and abroad will form the instructive aspect of our learning.
iii) Curriculum – The Spiritual Direction Training Curriculum includes:
- The Art of Listening
- The Art of asking Questions
- Dreamwork and Spiritual Direction
- Creative Arts, Poetry and Spiritual Direction
- Self-Care and a Life-style of Contemplation
- Learnings from St. Teresa & St. John in Spiritual Direction
- Trauma and Spiritual Direction
- Family Systems and Spiritual Direction
- Archetypes and Spiritual Direction
- Engaging in Story as a Pathway for Transformation in SD
- Journaling Tools in SD
- Enneagram and Spiritual Direction
- Jungian Typology and SD
- Discernment & Times of Threshold Crossing
- Ethics and Power Dynamics
- Journey out of Fundamentalism and SD
- History of SD / Learning of the Mystics
- Cathy AJ Hardy – Director & Founder
- Gillian Drader – Assistant Director